Saturday, July 30, 2011

...just need a stinkin hair tie by day too!!

OMG!!! So I swear my plan was to re-organize my master bedroom closet and show you how I methodically put everything away so nice and neatly and it completely changed my life, and I'm so in love with my new closet...blah blah blah. I've been wanting to do this since we moved in over a year ago and I had butterflies dancing through my happy thoughts as to what it was going to look like. Butt...when I went to go grab a hair tie to pull up my mop and get to the closet, this is what I saw:


Bleegh!! I couldn't get over how messy it was down there. So I put the closet on hold, again, and decided to focus on down here. I cleared the space first and foremost. Then I organized everything in to piles. One for hair stuff, one for makeup, one for all the things I use the most. 

**side note** 
I told you guys last night that there has been a lot going on this week with me. Well, one of those things is getting out of debt!! Woo to the Hoo I'm so flippin' excited I can't even take it! I've been following the amazing and wonderful Mr. Dave Ramsey:


He's changed my life as well as thousands of others! Look him up people. I swear you won't regret it. 
Anyhoo...since I've been so focused on getting out of debt, I haven't been able to spend money on any extra things. This will hopefully be my last organization project where I have to use what I already have. I'll now have the money available to purchase things that suite my spaces so much better than the things I use from old apartments that I'm forcing to work now.

**side note over**

I used all of the storage objects I already had to help me organize this spot:


I forgot I had this cute little guy:


 Once everything was sorted I threw it all into these bags/bins/boxes and made sure to put the things that I used the most into the most convenient storage. All of my things I couldn't live without hair and makeup stuff went into the nice big open bin...


And I put all of my favorite stuff front and center (kinda) so that I can finally find them in all this crap access them easier:


And now it looks like this:


I'm ohhhing and ahhhing right now at the difference. I love that everything has a place now and everything down there is something I'll use or need. You wouldn't believe how many travel size thingys I threw away that have just piled up over years of vacations. So even though you might not want to, suck it up, and get down on the ground and clean out that sink. You'd be surprised what you'd find.

Which brings me to this question: Do you have tons of old jewelry boxes with nothing to do with them? Cause I do. Should I get a jewelry box instead? Is it unsafe to store jewelry in the case? I'm not sure what to do with all of these. Gimme some ideas...please!


Have a great weekend!!

**I am available for hire in the northern Indianapolis area. Please feel free to email me at organizerbyday(@)gmail(dot)com for further information. I look forward to organizing with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment