Monday, April 14, 2014

Perfect Pasta Salad

Hey All and Happy Monday to ya! My birthday celebration just keeps going and it's wonderful! This weekend we had some of our close friends and family over to have a cook out, enjoy the amazing weather and celebrate me getting older more fabulous!

We had hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, fruit...
chips, my apple cinnamon cupcakes, and my favorite dish that I make a million times every spring/summer: my Perfect Pasta Salad!
Why is it perfect? Because it's fast, simple, inexpensive and can easily be changed up anyway you want! Just cut up a block of your favorite cheese and your favorite peppers, throw in your favorite pasta and add some Italian dressing. Boom. Done. Let's eat!!
My college roomy showed me this salad a while back and I love her so much for it! Thanks Barton!
Ingredients:

3-4 Cups rainbow twist pasta
1 red pepper
1 orange pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 8oz block colby jack cheese
1/2 bottle Italian dressing

Directions:

Cook the pasta as directed on the box. Drain and set aside to cool. 

Cut up all three peppers and the block of cheese into small squares.

Check to make sure the pasta is no longer hot. If it is, run some cold water over it. Once cooled, pour pasta into a large bowl. Add the peppers, cheese and Italian dressing and stir until everything is covered in dressing.

Refrigerate over night, or serve immediately.

That's it. See I told you it's easy. And there are so many things I've added over the years, but it always tastes great. One time I added chopped up pepperoni and black olives. I also once did this with a little bit of chopped red onion for a work pitch in. No matter what I do this recipe never fails me! 

So what fun things did you get into this weekend? Anyone have a birthday this time of year? If so, I hope it is wonderful!

Thanks for stopping by!

**I linked up to frugal crafty home, much ado about monday, sunday soiree, amaze me monday, weekend bloggy reading, creativity unleashed, creativity unleashed, weekend potluck, friday link partykitchen fun and crafty friday, tidy mom, thursday style, friday flash blogthe homeacre hop, bloom designsall things thursdayfull plate thursday, create it thursdaywork it wednesdaybuns in my ovenwicked awesome wednesdayflusters creative mustercreate link inspiresimple supper tuesdaytitus 2 tuesdaytasty tuesdaythe scoop

18 comments:

  1. This is my kind of recipe! Easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a delicious salad, something we would certainly enjoy around here..... Can I ask you how big of a block of cheese you used?
    Pinning!!
    Happy Easter…. :)
    “hugs” Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question! I used an 8oz block. And I made sure to change that in the ingredients. Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. This looks yummy. I am a new convert to pasta salads, and I am going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing at the party. Happy Easter! Blessings ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures! This pasta salad sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and thank you for sharing with Hump Day Happenings! You have been pinned.

      Delete
  6. I hope your birthday celebration has been wonderful! I love simple, delicious recipes, and this seems to fit the bill. Thanks for sharing on Hump Day Happenings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish this awesome salad was sitting in front of me right now. Hope you have a very special weekend and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this pasta! The italian dressing and cheese really make it, plus the simplicity. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your link on http://carriethishome.com/2014/04/frugal-crafty-home-blog-hop-72/. I make a pasta salad similar to this and never thought about the cubed cheese. Great idea! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a colorful salad. I will try this....pinned!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing! I love all the colors and the addition of the cheese. Pinning!! And making. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So colorful even kids cannot resist this!

    Coming from The Weekend re-Treat Link Party.Come-by and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just in time for summer! Thanks for linking up with What's Cookin' Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUM, YUM and Happy Birthday!!! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pasta salad is a must when having a cook-out =) Looks easy and quick which is a good thing when you have 100 and 10 things to do for a cook-out! Hope you enjoyed your birthday celebration!!

    ReplyDelete